Living with our insecurities part I: the root.

UNDERSTANDING SOCIETY'S RULES 


Everyone has a weak part. When people find the weak part of your body, you could feel such a good sensation, but when you let the same people find the weak part of your soul, that could be devastating. 

Let's talk about the beginnig. When was the last time you felt insecure about  yourself? Be honest, nobody is looking at you, so don't be afraid to analize deep down in your heart. As I said before:   "everyone has a weak part", that means that you are part of the world, so don't be the kind of person who brags about confidence. Did you get your answer? Okay, now let's analize the root... _Who produce that horrible feeling in you? Whatever answer you found is connected with one word: "society".

I am going to give you a real example that I see and feel everyday: 
  1. Mine: 23rd April, 2017. 63 kilos. I used to be the girl who spends 40 minutes working out on an elliptical trainer. I used to be the girl who wanted to fit it in social groups. I used to be the girl who was trapped in a world of appearances. I thought it was okay, because the people who were around me, were exactly the same as me. Then two years ago the university and the work made me feel that I was wrong. Why? Simple, I don't need to fit it in a social group, and i don't need to lose the essence of my being. When i was a spaguetti woman I commonly heard expression like: "OMG you are so skinny". I said: "everyone has a weak part", but nobody knows that when they talk about other people's business. Do you remember the fisrt line in this paragraph? I mentioned 63 kilos, now you can understand why I wrote it. I am a girl with 63 kilos of love, solidarity and company , but evidently that is not enough in this new society full of naked bodies on instagram and sexual posts. Now, for me it's so common to hear expressions like: "WOW! you are so fat!", from people who I thought were my friends. Last month I decided to meet a friend after 1 year without talking to her, and the first thing that snob (without judging people) said was: "You are so fat",and last week my mom said: "you are fat, my daugther".  Three months ago when I visited my sweet grandmother who weighs 80 kilos, she said: "you should care about your weight, you are almost  as fat as me! 😮😮😮😮😮😮 WTF! 
I  know you could think that this seems to be my journal, but seriosly people, you are the root, my mom is the root, Claudia is the root, my grandmother is the root, my neighbours are the root. THE SOCIETY IS THE ROOT with all the rules and beauty standards. I have always thought that people can improve your confidence or destroy it, and "Everyone has a weak part", don't try to be the person who likes to remind others of imperfections!  Don't be the part of this sick society who is focused on the physical appereance. Let's try to be nice and stop being one of the roots which are feeding the malevolent tree.  Love yourself, if you want some change in your life, work on them, but don't try to change something on you just because people don't like it.

Linda Mantilla💞

Comentarios

  1. The best advice I can give you is that you read my favorite book, that book changed my life "4 agreements" ... If we implement it in our lives we are all happy, don't take personally the opinions of others, that is their poison if you take all the people say personally is your problem, because you are letting that affect you... I feel happy for you, because the happiness comes from inside ,not outside..

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You are so sweet Natalia! thank you for comment. i agree with you and happy to let you know about this isue. for sure i will read the book.

      Eliminar
  2. Thanks Linda for your entry. Indeed, many things and people around us can affect our mood and life, in a positive or negative way. I believe there's no way of avoiding it, but we can certainly learn to deal with it, as champions ;).

    PS: Please sign your article at the bottom , so we all know who the authors are :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The true beauty is within you and the most important things are what you believe, it is what you feel and it is what make you very very happy. You don't need to change anything and you should fight to reach your dreams and never never see behind you, keep going.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think that the most important thing in our life is our security. Sometimes is difficult but it's important. Also if you want to change do it for yourself not for someone's opinion. Thanks for your article.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Linda, that was an INCREDIBLE entry.. I have to confess that I was been an insecure woman (physical appearance), in fact, sometimes society, even, my family, make that feeling reappear, but as you said, the most important is to "Don't be the part of this sick society who is focused on the physical appearance", you should be confident of yourself, and what you have to offer to the world, we can't be centered on all the stereotypes that society gives us. Everybody has their essence, and we have to be proud of ourselves.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. It’s clear that there are many things that shape our critical inner voice, from negative attitudes directed toward us to attitudes our parents had toward themselves. As we get older, we internalize these points of view as our own. We keep these attitudes alive by believing in our insecurities as we go along in life.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Great post!
    That's a big problematic that our society afront today, especially the kids and it become worse with the bulying. Although life is beautiful, just enyoy life and don't care what people say about you.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario